Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We are alive after our first camping trip!!!


So I slept in a tent this past Saturday night. I'm not sure what crazy person told my husband that this was a 4 person tent - but they lied! There is no way in hell that 4 adults could sleep in there, much less 2 adults and 2 small children. Needless to say, if it would have been more than 1 night - we would have a new tent now.
We went to Wenberg State Park up by Marysville, WA. It was absolutely beautiful and very clean. It was also nice that all of the other campers there were normal, however I did catch a whiff of marijuana in the bathroom that night. Don't ask how I know that smell :)
Here is a picture of Nicholas and Rachel by the campfire. They had a blast and I think Pete had fond memories of his younger days! We will definitely be going camping again (in a bigger tent!) after our trip to Iowa.
We are in Iowa from August 1st through August 10th. I can't wait to see everyone! Pete's brother Dave and his family are driving down from Michigan to spend a couple of nights with us. We haven't seen them in 4 years - and Shelley (Nicholas and Rachel's aunt) is a HOOT!
If people don't know, I received a promotion to Manager of my testing team and lucky me - overtime started tonight through August 15th. Sure am glad I'm on vacation for one of the weeks!

No comments: