Thursday, September 4, 2008

Nick's first day of school


Yes, I cried.
The bus was late, so Nicholas was nervous that he wouldn't get to ride the bus to school. After he was on the bus and on his way - I started to tear up and couldn't believe that he is in kindergarten. I have never been so proud of him getting on the bus and going to school by himself.
We met his teacher on Tuesday this week and his first day was Wednesday. I have already had homework - what the heck! He will get homework staring next week which is such a great way to start kids on the right track. He loves it so far. Came home the first day and said that he has 32 new friends. Today, he sat with a buddy from his class on the school bus. I can only imagine the conversation they had on the way home.
Rachel is doing ok. She is having a friend over on Friday to spend the day with her. She will be doing yoga at the Y on her own now and I'm going to try to get her in something else in the afternoon while Nick is in school.
The picture is Nick getting off the bus his first day of school.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Omg, I am so not ready for that! Way to go Nick!